Hello there.

I created this blog for my 3rdperiod English class, but I will probably use it for alot more. Stick around.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

With great power comes great responsibility, or so it has been said.

Currently, I am reading the book 13 Days to Midnight. Basically, the book so far is centered around three typical teenage outcasts given a power. It got me thinking "What if teenagers today were given a certain power?" What would become of normal situations in everyday life when every 16-17 year old could run around with the inability to die? Would things change at all? All it comes down to is a matter of Morals, and like all stories, there will be both good and bad outcomes. The story fits alot of todays youth, yound social rejects mainly. It takes the normal small school life of a society and throws in alot of different elements to make something truly unique, something like I have never read. I dont see how I could put myself in the shoes of one of the characters, but I can relate to the basic life style the main character lives, and his past.
In the end, the book is beyond a mirror image of the hardships youth face, but it throws in a different elements for a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment