Hello there.

I created this blog for my 3rdperiod English class, but I will probably use it for alot more. Stick around.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Bellwork - 12/7/11

""As I looked about me I felt that the grass was the country, as the water is the sea. The red of the grass made all the great prairie the colour of wine-stains, or of certain seaweeds when they are first washed up. And there was so much motion in it; the whole country seemed, somehow, to be running."


1. The setting seems to have much of a emotional affect on the character. They are comparing grass to water in some sense, and what they mean by this is having the feeling that you are a small person in huge world.

2. The effect of this text on me is delicate. The way the words weave together and paint a scene in your head is inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment